Adding a TMG rating
- EASA LAPL(S) or SPL - You qualify for this if you have a Bronze & XC Endorsement
- EASA LAPL or Class 2 Medical - If you go for an SPL you'll need a class 2. Most people only need a LAPL.
- 6 hours of flight instruction in a TMG - Including at least 4 hours dual instruction.
- 1 Solo cross country flight of at least 80nm, during which 1 full-stop landing at an aerodrome different to the aerodrome of departure shall be performed.
- A skills test to demonstrate an adequate level of practical skill in a TMG
- During the skills test, the applicant shall also demonstrate to the examiner an adequate level of theoretical knowledge for the TMG in the following subjects: Principles of flight, Operational procedures, Flight performance and planning, Aircraft general knowledge, Navigation.See FCL.135.S LAPL(S) for full details.
YOU MUST HOLD AN LAPL(S) or SPL BEFORE STARTING THE COURSE
The very minimum amount of flying that you need to do in total is 7 hours, although bank on more than this if you are unfamiliar with powered operations.
Getting a medical
Dr Trevor White
Nuffield Centre in Jesmond
07792 278 811
You must have completed over the previous 24 months;
- 12 hours of flight time as PIC, including 12 take-offs and landings
- Refresher training of at least 1 hour with a flight instructor
If you do not meet these requirements you will need to:
- Complete a proficiency check on a TMG with an examiner before you exercise the privileges of your license; or
- Complete the additional flight time or take-offs and landings to meet the requirements above flying dual or solo under the supervision of an instructor.